2020 has been challenging for most of humanity in many ways thanks to the global pandemic. It has not gone the way that I wanted it to, but at the end of the day, I like to think that I have more things to be grateful for than not. And I try to find the positives in the few true tragedies in my life. A partial list for myself follows.
I am grateful for…
• a lack of regret from quitting my job and going on sabbatical
• being in great health
• spending 3 months skiing in Park City along with forays to CO and CA
• the amount of time I got to spend with my family
• being able to help my parents with planting, harvest, and cleanup from the derecho that hit their farm in august
• completing a move to Chicago in the middle of a pandemic
• a high probability that there will be #46 in January
• being COVID free (so far)
• the 93 wonderful years that my Grandma spent on this earth and the moments I spent with her, even if she was one of the victims of COVID
2020 wasn’t perfect, but that list is cause for celebration. Expressing gratitude is something we should all do as the year ends if for no other reason than we could all use the dopamine dump. Happy New Year to all!